Announcing the Guild Park Photo Scavenger Hunt!
All Guild Park visitors are invited to join in this fun park contest.
Autumn is a great time to be outdoors. Here's your opportunity to get out and enjoy nature in the heart of Guildwood Village - just remember to maintain physical distancing while at Guild Park. Come out to Guild Park and look for – then grab a photo of - each of the five distinct features listed below that you can find on the 88-acre site. There’s just one restriction: ALL images submitted must be easily identifiable from Guild Park. So be sure to include a Guild Park feature somewhere in your photo. Be creative!
• Top Prize: One person wins two art prints of the old Guild Inn by local artist, Roy Wight. The pictures show the Guild property in winter and summer. These prints are suitable for framing. see images below)
• Runner Up Prizes: Four people win copies of the popular book The History of the Guild Inn by local author Carole Lidgold.
• Consolation Prize: One person wins a set of five vintage postcards from the Guild Inn era.
Get out to the park and photograph the items listed below, then email us your five photos. All entries with the right items can win these great Guild Park prizes.
Here’s the list of Scavenger Hunt items:
1. The School Bell – A reminder that this marks the start of the traditional school year.
2. The Sculpted Swan – Search the gardens for this one-of-kind stone Swan.
3. Your Favourite Canadian Animal near Guild Park’s main gate – Choose your favourite from the six creatures carved on limestone panels.
4. The “Cement” Tree – Look for a real tree trunk that’s filled with concrete.
5. Your Favourite Guild Park Flower/Tree – Select some type of vegetation growing in Guild Park that you like.
The Guild Park Photo Scavenger Hunt is open to all ages. The prizes will be awarded by random draw from all qualifying entries. Winners will be announced on this Facebook page. We'll share a selection of the entries as a tribute to how photogenic Guild Park is.
Contest deadline is5:00 p.m. Monday October 19, 2020.
When you've got all five images, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word HUNT in the subject line.
So, get started on Guild Park’s Photo Scavenger Hunt today.
The Guild Park Photo Scavenger Hunt is made possible by the 2020 TD Park People Grants Program. Friends of Guild Park is proud to participate in this national program, which highlights the value of city parks across Canada.